Welcome to Indiana’s Geocaching home on the interwebs. While there are many diverse organizations representing Hoosier cachers there really hasn’t been a public place to just share stories, tips, and recipes (I have a yummy barbecue sauce). Sometimes the writers will be a little tongue in cheek, other times serious, but I really hope to make this a place to support this wonderful hobby, sport, obsession we have all discovered.
My personal goal is to:
- Monthly post all events listed that occur in Indiana to help you plan your busy social calendar.
- Provide information about the basics of geocaching to those just starting out.
- Keep everyone up to date with the latest developments and changes in Indiana as it comes to Geocaching.
- Share some stories about Hoosier cachers and the cool things we do.
- Keep the site as family friendly as possible (there are kids who cache and can read)
- Help Cecil Evil-GeoCaching Monkey take over the world.
Our publication policy is pretty simple- if you want to submit something to IndianaGeocaching.com feel free. If you make it past our editorial board (which includes my cat, and two stuffed monkeys) your article will be posted (although we reserve the right to add commentary and leave in your typos and grammatical mistakes). We will not publish articles that are blatantly commercial (your event will get posted, your latest t-shirt design- not so much) at some time we will consider adding advertising to the site, at that point we can talk.
As for comments- all comments are moderated so your comment might not show up until our editorial staff finishes their grooming or banana daiquiris. As for content, keep it clean, you can disagree with an idea, but this is not a place to comment on a person’s lineage. Keep it on topic, if you want to chat with someone about the wonderful thing your grandchild just did- use email, Facebook, Skype, or just set a cache out and wait for it to be published. I’m sure the person you want to talk to is bound to go looking for it soon enough. IndianaGeocaching.com reserves the right to slap your hand and ban you from further comments without letting you know first. Let’s play nice- don’t make me send my flying monkeys…
Barbecue Sauce Recipe:
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 2 cups dihydrogen oxide
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 thick slices of lemon
- 4 sliced onions
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups catsup (or ketchup)
- 8 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 slabs of baby back ribs
- Pre-boil ribs on stove
- Make sauce by combining the above, heat on stove
- Either grill ribs outside, in oven at 350-400 degrees*
- Constantly baste ribs with the sauce.
* My preference is to dump everything into a crockpot and let it sit all day, that removes the requirement of constant basting.