All websites are required (by some weird Internet law) to have links so here are a few:
- http://www.geocaching.com – geocaching’s main site, it’s where you go to find caches, log caches, stuff like that. The cool kids call it “gc.com”
- Indiana’s State Page on gc.com (see, I’m one of the cool kids) Quick summary of the latest events, caches, and trackables placed in the state. Includes shortcuts to a list of the caches in most major metropolitan areas (populations over 20,000)
- Geocaching Wiki - Groundspeak’s wiki dealing with cache placement guidelines for Indiana. This is a detailed list of where caches are allowed and what you need to do before placing a cache (permits, etc.)
- http://www.geocacher-u.com – Geocacher University, the site of that crazyman in the Real Deal, Brazilian tarp hat. Lots of great information and just cool stuff
Blogs, Podcasts & Such:
- Podcacher.com – For me it all started here when Sonny presented about geocaching at NECC. This is a wonderful family friendly podcast dealing with the joys of geocaching around the country.
- Madcacher.com – Madcacher’s GeoCaching Blog.
- Meridians and Parallels – Following one Indiana school teacher’s geocaching adventure during the summer of 2011.
- Geocachingpodcast.com – A weekly Geocaching Call-In show to inform geocachers around the world about things happening in geocaching, while letting them call in and put in their $.02
Organizations, Lists, & Other Pages:
- INKY – INdiana KentuckY Geocachers Group
- Central Indiana Geocachers Discussion Group – Discussions about what is going on in Central Indiana. Part of Google Groups you must send a request to join the discussion.
- Girls in Geocaching – Forum for all people interested in geocaching in Indiana (not just girls). This group hosts a monthly event/dinner usually in or around the Indianapolis Area. You do have to register to participate in their forum, but if you are looking for a place to meet other cachers in central Indiana this is a great place to start.
- IU Geocaching Club
- Bloomington Geocachers - Google Group for Bloomington Area Cachers